Do you have diabetes? I hope not, but these are some of the symptoms to look out for. If you've ever been pregnant some of these may seem familiar. If you suspect that you are or someone you know is. You can request a test from your doctor.
- Frequent urination-You feel like you have a bladder the size of a peanut
- Unusual thirst-The waiter won't be able to fill your glass fast enough
- Extreme hunger-It doesn't seem to matter how much you eat.
- Unusual weight loss-For no apparent reason
- Extreme fatigue and Irritability-You just can't understand why you're so tired and grumpy.
- Any of the type 1 symptoms
- Frequent infections-including gum, bladder and yeast infections. Good times.
- Blurred vision-which can lead to blindness.
- Tingling/numbness in the hands/feet-constant pins and needles and can lead to amputations.
- Cuts and bruises are slow to heal-and almost always get infected.
Often people with type 2 diabetes have no symptoms, isn't that awesome?
You may be diagnosed with prediabetes, which means if you don't change what you're doing then you will end up with diabetes. So don't be stubborn and go get tested.
You can find out more at ADA.
Do you know anyone with these symptoms?