I got really excited when I read about this meme. Brittany at Va-Va-Voom Vintage wants us to list 5 things we love about ourselves and why. And then list 5 bloggers who have features you love. Loving yourself, then spreading the love around. Sounds kind of dirty. A love orgy, if you will? Gutter, mind, out.
Then I got sad. It took me way too long to think of five things I truly love about myself. I came up with about three very quickly. My husband tried to help, because he loves me and things I'm fantastic. (love is blind)But I felt like that defeated the purpose. So that made me want to do this blog even more. And I plan on celebrating them everyday. Maybe not everyday, but as often as I remember and especially on days when I feel like a lump..of poo.
why yes I do always look scared in pictures. You should see my driver's license. Completely terrified.
Without further ado....
1. Eyes-they are magical color changing eyes, with a rim of constant gold
2. Hips-I've got curvy child bearing hips. (which I've never actually used them for) and they don't lie.
3. Scars-This one may seem odd but hear me out, I am klutzy and worked in bakeries. I have so many scars people have actually been concerned that I self harm. But to me, they are hard earned badges of honor from the culinary world and make me feel strong. Also of course my c-section scars are very near and dear.
4. Skin-I am way pale, and very happy with it thankyouverymuch. And my skin has always been good to me and I try to be good to it. Three cheers for sunscreen.
5. My tongue-its really long, not Gene Simmons long or anything, but I can touch my nose with it. Not necessarily beautiful but it makes me, me. And its a fabulous ice breaker. Wouldn't you want to be my friend after you saw me do that? Uhh yeah you would.
So now I am supposed to tell you 5 bloggers that I think are beautiful and why.
In no particular order.....
Sarah Von at Yes and Yes. I know I've been waxing poetic about her blog. But look at her smile. Its infectious. That's what that is. (disclaimer-she does in fact have two legs, not that I would love her less)
Mary at Welcome to Deluxeville. Look at her stomach. I love stomachs that aren't all scary ab-y. And she worked really hard to look this great!
Salt from Salt Says. I love her eyes, they piercing. And she rocks out the skinny jeans like nobodies business
Rosalee at Big Fish Small Pond. Uhhh look at those cat like eyes. Very sexy! Also she has a great Elvis sneer.
The Perfect Compilation Tape. I think she has the cutest nose! But I get the impression she doesn't think so. Seriously, top five cutest noses.
So there's my two lists. Please go visit and follow these lovely ladies. Because they're more then just a great face, they blog too! And go visit Brittany too cause it all starts with her! I don't know why we're yelling!
Can you come up with a list of 5 things you love about yourself? Immediately? Or does it take a little work?